The Green Zone is a new industrial zone in the ownership of the city of Leskovac with the area of 971,500 m2 ,formed with the aim of providing new investments in food industry and processing of agricultural products, and better marketing of the products from the entire territory of Jablanica District. In Jablanica District 143,000 hectares is under agricultural land. The wider environment around the Morava river was turned into a large vegetable cultivation region, famous for the production of pepper, tomato, potato and other vegetable crops. The further development of the Green Zone involves the creation of agricultural exchanges in the eastern part of the zone, as an incentive for association and collaboration with economic capacities in the Green Zone.
The main road M1 divides the zone into two parts. The western part of the Zone has fully equipped infrastructure and its area is 427,736 m2.
Location of the Green Zone in relation to the Corridor 10 and the main road M1.
The Green Zone is 7 km far from the corridor 10, on the significant road of priority number 1. The distance from international airports is: 45 km from Nis, 150 km from Sofia, 160 km from Skopje, 288 km from Belgrade, 320 km from Thessaloniki.
Financial aspect of the infrastructure equipment of the zone
The infrastructural equipping was conducted in two phases. In the phase I, the infrastructure was brought to the zone, while in the phase II secondary infrastructure was completed, in other words, conducting of infrastructure to the grounds provided for the construction of new generating capacities. The project was funded by the Republic of Serbia, EU PROGRESS and the city of Leskovac.The first and second phases of infrastructural equipping have been completed. Internal infrastructure, which has been built in, is connected to the external infrastructure. The construction of the roundabout for connecting to the main road is in progress.
Development plans and construction conditions
The rules for construction in the section 4a, intended for new investments in processing facilities, have been defined by the Plan of General Regulation 16 and Detailed Regulation Plan was not provided for this part.
- Allowed construction of the building for dominant purposes: storage (cold storage, dryers, etc.) and the food industry (processing and distribution of agricultural products primarily);
- Allowed construction of the facilities for accompanying purposes that are compatible with the basic- service activities- traffic (to enhance the distribution and export of agricultural products), a joint venture business, greenness, and the buildings of the accompanying traffic and utility infrastructure)
- index occupancy of plots- max 40%
- index of development land- max 1.5
- maximum ground floor plus 2 floors, buildings can have a cellar or basement rooms if there are no obstacles of geotechnical and hydraulic nature
- technical and traffic areas maximum 30 %
- green areas minimum 30%
- The construction of all the facilities that threaten the dominant purpose has been forbidden
- Status of the land: agricultural land in the construction zone.
Note: Within the zone 4-Unit 4a- New ‘green zone’/western part/ there is the zone of sanitary protection III where the special rules of planning and construction can be applied.
Strategic approach to the further development of the Green Zone
- ‘Plan of the development of agri-industrial park Green Zone’ for the period from 2013-2023
- ‘Action plan of the Green Zone’ adopted
- The criteria for allocation of land defined
- Public call for investors to invest in the Green Zone
- Draft plan of the green zone allotment completed